- Students learn in different ways and should be provided with a variety of instructional approaches and activities to support their learning.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Each student is a valued individual with unique physical, social, emotional, and academic needs.
- Assessments of students’ learning should provide students with a variety of opportunities to demonstrate their achievement.
- A student’s self-esteem is enhanced by positive relations and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- Students are encouraged to make appropriate decisions through a supportive and challenging learning environment.
- Exposure to cultural diversity can increase a student’s understanding of different peoples and culture.
- Teachers, administrators, parents, and students, as Stakeholders, share the responsibility for advancing the school’s mission.